High temperature Thermal Imaging-With Accuracy!
30 January 2009
When used for high temperature process applications, conventional thermal imaging systems are limited in accuracy and general usefulness by several factors.
Firstly, the system spectral response is normally limited to the mid-to-far infrared part of the usable spectrum, which will result in significant errors due to changes in process surface emissivity, and will make it difficult and costly, or sometimes impossible, to measure through view ports.
Secondly, images of processes which include very hot, and therefore bright areas, can be obscured by "blooming" due to saturation of the detector by the intense energy emitted from such areas.
Finally, general purpose thermal imaging systems usually incorporate far more features than are required or desirable for process use, and this results in a larger than necessary expenditure.
The IMPAC M 9200 Series Pyrovision addresses these limitations and, in so doing, achieves a technological breakthrough in high temperature thermal imaging. This is how:
· The system is designed with a narrow band spectral response at near infrared region which minimises measurement errors due to variations in target emissivity.
· Windows and viewing port materials such as quartz, Pyrex and sapphire cause minimal attenuation of infrared energy at this wavelength.
· Patented, 640 x 480 pixel array detector unit produces a high resolution, bloom-free image of high temperature targets.
· Fast response, 60 frames per second, permits real time imaging of dynamic processes.
· Measures temperature at 300,000 points 60 times a second
· Minimally affected by emissivity
· Exceptionally high accuracy and resolution
· Advanced FPA technology
· Sees through glass or quartz view ports
· 32-channel isolated current outputs for automated process control
· Versatile image processing software
Contact Impac Infrared to find out more about this ground breaking thermal imaging camera!
Contact Details and Archive...
Most Viewed Articles...