CP-102E Serial Board Uses New Combined PCIe-UART Chip
27 August 2008
Moxa's CP-102E, a 2-port RS-232 PCI Express serial board, now integrates a brand new PCIe-UART chip that was self-developed by Moxa.
It combines the PCIe bridge and UART into a single chip. With Moxa's PCIe-UART, CP-102E can outperform solutions using a separate PCIe bridge and UART by more than 30 per cent. In particular, throughput is increased by 33 per cent, and CPU loading is decreased by 48 per cent. Another benefit of the single-chip solution is that there are fewer chips on the board, which reduces the risk of chip malfunction and increases the lifespan of the board.
Features of CP-102E:
* PCI Express x1 compliant
* 921.6 Kbps maximum baudrate for super fast data transmission
* 128-byte FIFO and on-chip H/W, S/W flow control
* Low profile form factor fits small-sized PCs
* Drivers provided for Windows (2000, XP, 2003, Vista x86/x64), Linux 2.4/2.6, and QNX 6
* 15 KV ESD protection on the board
Contact Details and Archive...
Most Viewed Articles...