Safe vibration data collection in hazardous environments
01 March 2016
Emerson Process Management’s CSI 2140 Machinery Health Analyzer has received ATEX/IECEx, Zone 2 certification, enabling its use in hazardous environments. The CSI 2140 collects all of the data required to assess a machine’s condition in the shortest possible time, so that the user can limit the time they need to be in the hazardous environments.
ATEX/IECEx standards cover a range of technologies from power generation to marine energy and involve a detailed process of examination, testing, and assessment of equipment intended for use in potentially hazardous areas.
Emerson’s CSI 2140, which is already CSA approved for use in most industrial hazardous areas in the US and Canada, provides an early indication of bearing and gearbox defects before they can lead to machine outages. Its unique PeakVue™ signal processing methodology cuts through the complexity of machinery analysis to provide a simple, reliable indication of equipment health. Emerson’s CSI 2140 offers simultaneous four-channel plus phase data collection and unique peak detection capabilities for the earliest indication of bearing and gearbox degradation.
In addition to delivering faster data collection for less time in the field or more machines monitored, the CSI 2140 is ergonomically designed for comfortable, single hand operation - all day long. The CSI 2140 also features:
• Battery life that lasts beyond a full shift (10+hours of continuous use).
• A bright touchscreen that auto-adjusts to every lighting environment so you can always read the screen.
• Embedded Analysis Experts to help even novice users with sophisticated troubleshooting tests.
• Simultaneous four-channel plus phase monitoring and analysis.
• Sleeve bearing analysis with dual orbit plots.
• Wireless Interface to popular laser alignment technology.
Contact Details and Archive...
Most Viewed Articles...